We're on the lookout for a new Customer Success Manager!
Our customers are why we do what we do; why we build our products to be awesome and why we’re committed to making working with us easy, friendly, and rewarding for every customer and learner.
Every company says it, but Yarno’s a pretty great place to work. Our team is on the constant pursuit of learning, growth and self-development. We push each other to take on new challenges, we give each other feedback courageously and constructively, and we simply just enjoy each other’s company.
What is Yarno, though?
We're a four years young remote learning platform, that helps medium to large businesses quickly upskill staff who work remotely.
We work with leading brands such as Woolworths, TAL Insurance and Supercheap Auto. And we're shortlisted for the 2021 Megatrans Event Best Technology Application Award.
Our vision is to create fast and smart hyperlearning organisations. These are organisations who can adapt and thrive in changing circumstances.
And how do we do that?
With a web app, of course! Yarno is mobile based learning software for the modern worker – people that don’t have the time for days-long seminars, or to click through elearning modules. Who want learning that fits into their schedule as a simple, enjoyable and valuable part of their day – in the form of a 5 minute daily quiz.
But Yarno isn’t just an app – we provide full learning consultancy for our customers by developing content and strategy that encourages meaningful change and embeds quality knowledge.
So, who are we looking for to join the team?
The short answer:
Someone who wants to spend the majority of their week with us!
But most importantly, someone that can delight our customers every day.
Delighting the customer is something our whole team aims for – it’s one of our core company values (and it’s on the website with a nifty illustration next to it, so it must be important, right?)
The longer answer:
Someone who is personable, friendly, enthusiastic and approachable – who is always happy to pick up the phone and speak with a customer, especially if they need help or are stuck.
To give you an idea of how far we go for customer support, Lachy (our MD) has been known to run down the road in the middle of summer to help a customer who needed help with a login issue – so he’s set the support bar pretty high!
This part’s important – we’re a learning company and we’re building a software product. So it makes sense for you to be excited by all things learning and digital.
We also require you to like any or all of the following:
- Arrested Development
- The Office
- Ali G
- The Simpsons
- South Park
(Well, it’s not a strict requirement, but it is looked upon favourably)
Some details about the role
You’ll be the primary point of contact for questions, concerns, support and feedback for 10-15 customers. You represent Yarno to the customer, and the customer to the internal team at Yarno.
You’re the voice of the customer to the Yarno team, advocating on their behalf and ensuring that their best interests are at the heart of everything we do.
So this means you’ll work closely with everyone, and you’ll be across all aspects of our company, our product and our processes. So, you’ll find yourself joining in on:
- Pre-sales meetings with Mark, our Head of Sales
- Kick-off workshops with Joel, our Head of Content, and the Content team
- Product WIPs and roadmap reviews by Lachy, Paul, our CTO, and the Product team
- Strategy sessions with the whole team
You’ll help onboard new customers to the Yarno platform, educate existing customers about new features and how they can maximise their investment in Yarno. Customer retention and happiness will be motivators for you, and you’ll get a kick out of solving our customers needs.
As far as software goes, you’ll need to get up to speed with, and utilise effectively, tools like:
- Giphy (for communicating with the Product team - they speak only in gifs)
We are looking for someone with two to five years experience, who can grow with Yarno since we're still a young business. So the salary range is up to $80k + super.
Now, onto some specifics...
We’re looking for someone who:
- is super organised and autonomous,
- is a fantastic communicator,
- is enthusiastic and loves to do great work,
- is happy working anywhere - at home, a cafe, customer's office, coworking space etc (we're currently all working fully remotely!),
- is comfortable giving and receiving feedback,
- is at ease engaging a group and leading conversations,
- is confident running meetings, usually virtual with Zoom or on the phone,
- is great at explaining detailed information in a simple way,
- is committed to digging in with customers to understand their needs and how they define value,
- has a strong meme/gif game,
- can quote The Office/Simpsons/Ali G etc,
- and is most of all – dependable.
Customer Success Managers are one part of our customer team — the other part is made up of our trusty Content Creators. Each Yarno customer has a Customer Success-Content duo that works together to deliver on-point content and on-time campaigns. This is where the magic happens!
What you'll do:
- Delight customers every day
- Be the primary point of contact for 10 to 15 Yarno customers of varying sizes and industries
- Retain customers by being deliberate in your communication and guidance, and giving them the best chance of success with Yarno
- Support customers via phone and our online helpdesk
- Onboard new customers to Yarno, making them feel welcome and special
- Educate customers about how they can maximise their investment in Yarno
- Schedule regular touch points with each customer. These may be weekly WIPs, quarterly account reviews, ad-hoc check-ins etc.
- Use learner and customer feedback and NPS to inform decisions and actions
- Identify and develop the tools, processes and reports that will best assist you in delighting customers
- Use the tools at your disposal daily e.g. Asana, Trello, Slack, Helpscout, Pipedrive, Cartwright (our internal analytics dashboard tool)
- Be your customers advocate to the internal team
- Regularly share results and ideas with the Product, Sales and Content teams, with the ultimate goal of producing the best customer and learner experience possible
Some other things that might entice you:
- We're currently working fully remotely, with no immediate plans to return to an office. Pre-covid we all worked from home a few days a week, so it hasn't been a significant change for us. We are looking at co-working spaces in Sydney CBD so we can catch up in person every now and then.
- We regularly run team lunch and learns and workshops on how to give and receive feedback, address customer concerns and resolve conflict. These are informative and fun!
- We love to share learning – we use our own software to learn and refresh knowledge, run regular pechakuchas and lunch and learns, share new books we’ve read, and skills we’ve mastered.
- We share team lunches and do other fun things like eat Korean fried chicken (or tofu, if that’s your jam) and go to karaoke, to celebrate occasions and Yarno milestones.
- We celebrate business wins as a team - we've played lawn bowls, gone indoor rock-climbing, and successfully escaped from an escape room.
- We're experimenting with self managed teams, which means a flat hierarchy and giving Yarnoers autonomy and ownership over how they spend their time and the decisions they make. All business financials are shared for context.
- We offer two Doona days a year - these are for days when you're mentally just not feeling it, and would prefer to stay under the doona. No questions asked.
Think you've got what we're looking for?!
If reading about this position has you dancing in your chair or scribbling down quotes from The Office to include in your application, get in touch! We’re excited to hear from you.
To apply for this role please email work at yarno.com.au with your resume, a cover letter and responses to the following questions:
- Why do you think you're a good fit for the role?
- We live and breathe delighting our customers. How have you contributed to a delightful customer experience in the past?
- What's the best compliment you've ever received at work?
- What’s a remote working challenge you’ve encountered? And how did you overcome it?
And finally, a bit of fun. Please finish this sentence with a 250 word story.You walk into a customer meeting, there are 5 people sitting there, and the closest person says to you “thank god you’re here, our office ferrets have bolted, and we can’t find them...!”
Details are important to us, so please only respond as per the instructions above. All other responses will not be considered.