Can you get your remote teams on the same page in <48 hours? Hyper learning organisations can.
They're able to adapt and thrive in changing circumstances. A hyper learning organisation is a mindset - to continually develop and evolve understanding, mindset and skills. It fosters an environment that gives learners autonomy, focuses on personal growth and mastery and challenges and supports staff.
They're fast - fast to innovate, fast to grow and fast to have an impact in their community and they're smart - they're curious and open to feedback and willing to change off the back of it.
- Have high employee engagement
- Are obsessed about improving
- Attract humble passionate leaders serving as stewards - blend extreme personal humility with intense professional will
- Foster strong purposeful cultures with cultural fit-based hiring
- Encourage the giving and receiving of feedback
The Fast & Smart Method (still a work in progress) to work towards becoming a hyperlearning organisation:
- Align: What's in it for learners? How do they benefit? What does success look like? Are managers engaged and bought in?
- Incentivise : How do we motivate people? Ideally intrinsic over extrinsic. Environment is key
- Communicate: Get a network effect going, use social proof to get learners talking and want to get involved
- Microlearning: Communicate and embed key messaging in small bite-sized chunks. Revisit and refresh knowledge and understanding over time.
- Feedback loop: Commitment to regularly giving and receiving feedback. Mechanism to facilitate this.
How do I know if we're a hyperlearning organisation?
- Do you engage and align people at all levels in the organisation?
- Do you communicate with context?
- Do you consider the power of incentives?
- Do you have a consistent way to communicate with everyone in the organisation?
- Can you make your learning stick?
- Can you retain quality staff?
- Do you encourage continuous feedback?
Lachy's our Managing Director. He's our resident rationalist and ideas man. He also reads way too many books for our liking.
You might also like
We've been WFH at Yarno for 9 months now. So the question is: how are we doing?
Remote hiring means remote onboarding. Here's how to do it right from someone who knows best - a new remote-hire at Yarno!
When we hired our newest CSM remotely we all breathed a sigh of relief - phew! - hard part over, right? But we'd forgotten the next, most important part: remote onboarding.